Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bethanee got her EARS PIERCED!

I can't believe this day has come. I thought it would be so far away when I held my first beautiful baby in my arms, Bethanee, my only daughter. But at last it has, she is growing up way to fast and is becoming a beautiful young women on the inside and out. She has been wanting her ears pierced for a while now and Benj and I told her she could get it done when she is 8. This past Febuary 2nd, on her 7th Birthday she kept exclaiming "1 more year and I can get baptized and my ears pierced!" She is such a wonderful daughter and a good helper in the home, that Benj and I talked about letting her get it done this summer. She really wanted to get her ears pierced when her Nama and Papa (my parents) were in town. Bethanee made a promise to Benj that if she were allowed to get her ears pierced, she would only get one set her whole life and never pierce anywhere on her body ever again. So this past 4th of July weekend when my parents were in town, July 8th to be exact, my little princess got her ears pierced. I guess I should just call her my princess now because she is growing up. Maybe after reading this you are thinking....wow, she is making a big deal just out of Bethanee getting her ears pierced, but it is a big deal to me. It is just another step in my daughter growing up. She is my only daughter after all, and may always be my Only daughter. We are going to try for one more, but their is a good possibility that it could be a boy. Which is just fine by me, boy or girl, as long as it is healthy I am happy. So anyways that may be the last and only time I get to take my daughter to get her ears pierced! I know their will be many more mother/daughter moments to come, but I fear they to will come to fast as this one has. I apologize at how long this post is, it wasn't my intention when I started. I guess their was more feeling inside of me than I thought and I had to get it out. Well here is my beautiful little princess, I mean my beautiful PRINCESS, with pierced ears :)




1 comment:

ambyr said...

wow!!! you posted a lot!! unbleievable that bethanee got her ears pierced. Remember when we got that done the minute we moved away from home!! your house looks so beautiful!! i'm jealous of that backyard and especially the patio!!! oh-and your hair looks awesome!! You look so cute!!
so I guess yall will be staying there for a while! miss you!