Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Pageant

A little bit after we got back to our seats, Mary and Travis got there. Some of us went through the visitors center and watched the Joseph Smith first vision movie. While others played in the grass and got things to eat. We saw a bunch of people from our ward there and one of Nicolas' friends was there and they played the whole time before the pageant started. There are a lot of pictures, so enjoy or just skim through...

Before the show all the actors come around and talk with everyone. Its fun getting to know new people from all over. This guy came up to us.. Jonathan was standing up on his chair and the guys said Jonathan had the prettiest eyes he had ever seen... yes, Jonathan is a boy, but he does have very pretty blue eyes =) He let all the kids hold his sword and they thought that was the coolest!
Kody's second mom Bethanee... seriously he loves her! It is so cute! Whenever we watch them I don't even have to worry about Kody because Bethanee takes care of him and he loves it =)
Zac and Issac~

Wyatt and Jonathan in their seats waiting for the show to start.

OOOOhhh! So CUTE! Zac giving Claire a kiss =)

The girls~ Ashley, me, Mary, and Mary's friend Brittiny~

Mary goofing around before the show started... she has one of me on her blog =)





The Pageant is so amazing. Right before it started, it was all dark and the stage was lit up. I took Zac to the bathroom ( they were right to the left of the stage ) and as we were walking back to our seats, I looked out over ALL of the people from all over the WORLD and was just so touched. The spirit was so strong, being with all these saints, good people, all here to see the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith finding the gold plates, come to life on stage... I can't even put what I felt into words... but I loved it and I can't wait until next year to go again...

I forgot my camera, so these are all from my phone and the zoom isn't the best that's why they are a little blurry. It was really an amazing show, the kids loved it. Zac was just enthralled by it all.



Sadly the Thunder, rain, and lighting came back and the show was cancelled. What we saw was still great and I'm glad we got to even see what we did. Earlier in the day I was worried we wouldn't get to do any of the things we did that afternoon.
I have lots more to post about so check back soon =)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Seriously that is not even fair. Your picture on my blog although silly you still look cute. I on your blog however look ridiculous. But I love the group girl shot. You're a retard.