Thursday, July 9, 2009

The 4th of July.. Part 1

We started out our 4th of July weekend with a trip to the cabin. We left Thursday around noon and headed up there. The skies were all sunny and blue until about 5 min. from the cabin... it started Pouring! Once we pulled up, we sat in the car for a couple minutes to see if it was going to stop or lighten up... it never did. So Benj being the good husband he is, heads out in the rain to unlock the door to the cabin. We hurried and got the kids inside and then unpacked the car. Got the beds all made and everything put away where it goes. By then the rain stopped, but it was still wet out. So I put a movie on for the kids on our laptop while I got dinner going. We had a really fun time that first night. Playing card games, reading, talking, etc. Then we headed out to go look for some animals. Whenever we do this we always lay the seats down and the kids pillows and blankets in the car so when it gets late they can lay down and go to sleep. Then Benj and I have a few quiet hours up in the mountains driving around talking, just the two of us =) Friday morning it was nice out, but everything was still kind of wet from the night before. I found a little salamander for the kids. It was orange like the last one Nicolas found, so the kids were sure it was the same one and he came back to play with them =)





Benj got some new accessories for his AR15 and he wanted to sight it in while we were there. Nicolas was right by his side the whole time, checking the target for him, telling Benj where he hit it, and congratulating him on what a good job he was doing. It was really cute. He was like Benj's little shadow =) I should have taken a picture of the targets after Benj shot at them. The new laser he got is just insane... right on the target every time... although it was Benj shooting, so I'm really not surprised.

Here is Zac getting a chance to shoot the 22. All the kids shot this one, but I was inside getting our lunch made, so I didn't get any pictures of them this time.


While Benj was sighting in his AR15 Zac came inside because it was so loud. He had ear plugs in, but they were a little big for his ears. Every time Benj would shoot I would cover Zac's ears, but I needed to finish up lunch and clean everything up. So I put my sweatshirt on him with the hood up. He was so tired too... it was about nap time... as you can see in the photos.


I took this picture on the way home. Nicolas is playing his leapster and Jonathan was laying his head on Gus watching. It was so cute, those two are such good buddies. All of my children for the most part are good buddies, and I love how much they all love each other. They are such good kids and I love spending time with them.


2 comments:

Hay Dub said...

Sweet post. We had salamanders in our sprinkler box when I was a kid. But I never saw an orange one. Pretty neat.

whitney allison said...

How great that the salamander came back to play. Looks like you guys had an awesome holiday weekend.