Thursday, July 9, 2009

The 4th Part 2

On Saturday we had so much fun together as a family. The whole weekend was great, I have the best husband and kids ever!! We BBQ hamburgers, and had all the salads and chips, etc. It was so yummy! Then we lit off a few fireworks and then saved the rest for when it got dark.



Benj let the kids all pick the ones they wanted, Bethanee chose one that had lightening on it... which is why she is making that face =)



Nicolas and Jonathan were in awe of all the fireworks and everything. They kept picking ones up to show each other, saying "Look at this one! This is Cool!"



Zac really loved the fireworks too. His favorite were the "popcorn" ones... you know, the ones that sound like popcorn popping. He even started singing "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!" lol! He is always singing =)



Bethanee has been doing an "Art Class" with some friends from church. Last week they made these 4th of July T-shirts, they turned out so cute!

I know I have said many times how much I love my house, but I LOVE our HOUSE!! We had huge firework shows going off all around us! We sat our patio chairs out on the edge of our property right in front of the big field. There was a big fireworks show going off right across Butter road, there was a bunch going off behind us in our neighborhood, and ones going off right over our heads!! Our neighbors had a cannon of some sort, maybe like a potato gun, that shot out fireworks and these weren't the ones you could buy at your local store... These were the kinds you have to buy online.... ones you see if you drive to a park or somewhere where they are having a show... but we got all the benefits in our own back yard. I love the 4th.. I love our country, I love those who fought for our freedoms and are fighting for them right now, I love my family and friends... I am just in love with life right now.... =)

3 comments:

Hay Dub said...

I love the 4th! Your kids are so adorable. But heck I know you know that:) Thanks for sending out the email. I get busy and forget to check everyones blogs, but I want to know what your up too. So thank you. Love ya cuz.

Mary said...

I love fireworks and we saw a couple shows, but we never ended up getting our own like we had originally planned. So glad you had fun.

Beckie said...

How fun for the fourth! The kids look so cute and I love the fishy pictures. We have a beta and Issy loves taking care of him