Friday, October 10, 2008

Fire Station FUN!

This week was Fire Prevention week at the kids school. Wednesday night they had a bunch of free activities at the fire station, which included; fire truck rides, crawling through a simulated "smoke house", making fire truck cookies, painting fire hydrants, and some good food. The smoke house was pretty cool. It was like a real home with a kitchen, family room, bathroom, bedrooms, filled with furniture too. They had simulated smoke in there which made it hard to see, like a real fire, and they had a fire hose along the floor and you had to crawl through the house, following the hose. It was pretty cool. Jonathan led our group, which probably wasn't a good idea because it was so dark in there and he kept stopping and turning around to make sure we were right there. They also had guys "hiding" through out the house with flashlights because it was so hard to see. Well when Jonathan kept stopping one guy turned his flashlight on, thinking he couldn't see, but I think that scared Jonathan a little. We finally made it all the way through. It was pretty cool and sure enough they all wanted to go again! I guess it wasn't that scary. Here we all are on our fire truck ride. Benj was helping his brother Peter move so he wasn't there, and my friend Cathy ( who loves Zac, and Zac loves her too..... which says a lot since he isn't one who will stay with just anyone) watched Zac.


Gus made this face and said "mom, take a picture of this!"
These picture are kind of blurry, despite what you might think, fire trucks are pretty Bumpy. Who'd of guessed that?
While we were going for our ride they turned on the lights and the siren, and honked the horn. The kids really loved it! So did I, it was pretty cool!
Here they are making there fire truck cookies. Bethanee and Nicolas ate there's right away so I didn't get a picture of there's, but Jonathan wanted to take his home and show dad.
Bethanee and Nicolas got these pictures last Friday and they were to color them at home and bring them to the fire station, where they hung them all up. This one is Bethanee's, I asked her what the black dots were for and she said she wanted to make hers different. Why the black dots you might ask........ as I did too, because the firehouse dog is a Dalmatian and a Dalmatian has black dots! Duh! Oh right, I knew that.

Here is Nicolas's. Good job guys, you both did Great!

These are the fire hydrants that they decorated with puffy paint. Well tried too. We should've went to this station first because by the time we got there the puffy paints were pretty much all empty. I squeezed and squeezed and hardly got anything. They still had fun making them though.
A lot of Bethanee's friends call her Beth and sometimes she writes that on things.... so sad, I love the name Bethanee. Nicolas is Nic to his buddies as well.

3 comments:

whitney allison said...

Holy Fire Safety batman! Bethanee looks so mature! I seriously can't get over it.

Beckie said...

I loved seeing you Sunday. I hope we can get together for a girls' night out again very very very soon.

ckw said...

Very cool! 3 cheers for school/community interesting and FREE activities. Too bad we missed the parade, that would have been cool- didn't know about it.

See you tomorrow! Seems like forever with all of these conferences. :)