Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Carving Pumpkins!!!

Last night for family home evening we carved our pumpkins. The kids wanted to last Monday, but we told them they might not last until Halloween because it was to early. So all week they waited and waited. They didn't have school yesterday because of Columbus day and all day the kept "reminding" me that tonight they get to carve pumpkins! They were so excited when daddy came home from work with a pumpkin for each or them and some hay barrels for their pumpkins to sit on.


Zac, of course, was so excited. He kept yelling "PUMPKINS, PUMPKINS!!" It was really cute.



Benj did Bethanee's and Jonathans. The kids help clean the pumpkins out and helped with the design of their faces, but they're still to young to do the actual carving............... which is more fun for us!!


I did Nicolas and Zac's. Gus designed his face all by himself and I really liked it. You can't see it to well from this picture, but he drew little triangles on top of the eyebrows. It turned out pretty cool.





This weekend was also the Halloween Parade here in Dover, but I'll post about that later. We have the lights that glow like 9 different colors and fade in and out. We really like those, sometimes the kids pick a certain color they want or they have it fade in and out of every color. Its nice to not have to mess with candles in the pumpkins, plus I like all the differnt colors.

5 comments:

Biz said...

4 little pumpkins sitting on a gate;
the first one said, "my it's getting late"...

Mary said...

Yeah so I have never seen the lights. I'll have to inspect them next time I'm over. As well as get the clothes.

whitney allison said...

I love, love, love carving pumkins. And I love that you take the time to do it with your kids. Very fun.

Beckie said...

the second pumpkin said "There are witches in the air . . . I thin you did a fantastic job! I think that will be part of our next FHE.

Scott said...

Mindee,
do you even remember scott milam? haha. i was blog spying after Jen Roberts (Brown) sent me a line via Derek Ramos' blog. And I found out all about your family. after your parents moved out i haven't heard much about your family. glad that you seem to be doing well! tell Todd to get in touch with me. I have a good picture that should give him a hilarious blast from the past. and then get him to make a blog!