

So for the last....... I don't know........while, I have been puting hearts in my kids PB&J sandwiches. It is what my mom did to mine and I loved it, it makes a simple sandwich more special. Well it got to the point that my kids would open their sandwiches and check every time they had one and one time I forgot. They all got upset and very sheepishly asked "don't you love us?" So I got the knife and put one in each of their sandwiches, even though I know that they know I love them.... they just wanted the heart. After that I started showing them the hearts (so I wouldn't forget and so they would stop pulling their sandwiches apart) before I put the bread with jelly on. Now they want it left open and they eat everything but the heart and then eat the heart last. We even put their initial's inside the heart's now, B in Bethanee's an N in Nicolas' and a J in Jonathans. I don't know why I am blogging about this. I guess it is just a little piece of my life that I love. The simple things in life can bring so much happiness to your children, really all it takes is 2 extra seconds at lunch time and I've made them so happy. I knew my mother loved me, but the heart in my sandwich was just another example to me of how much. I love you mom !Thanks for the hearts :)







4 comments:
ok that is so cute, it brought a tear to my eye!!
It is very beautiful. Perfect mother moment.
Oh my gosh. It's the reason why people wake up each day. For the little tender touches.
yes you may be right about that. did you not hear about my parents? they bought a papa murphey's franchise and are moving down here to mesa. my dad is quiting the golf buisness and running a pizza store, who would have thought!
Post a Comment