Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nicolas' Birthday part #2

So I said before that we had a busy Saturday, well here it is. We started out in the morning leaving the house at 8 am to do our usual Saturday stuff; grocery shopping, getting gas, and we had to stop at Target to exchange something real quick. Got home, unloaded the groceries, changed into church clothes and went up to the church for Sequoia's baptism. Left from the church and went straight to the Mall to get Benj a couple of Suits. Ate lunch at the mall, went home changed into our swim stuff and packed towels, pool toys, etc. Then went over to Sabrina and Freds for a pool party. Joe & Tara, Us, Peter & Ashley, Mary & Travis, Josh & Chera, Jake & Sara, and Grandpa and Grandma Sue, plus all our kids (which all together is 20 kids!!) were all there! Obviously Fred & Sabrina, it was their House! It was a Ton of FUN! Then we had to leave a little early to go home shower, bath kids, eat quick, pack some snacks for the game and as soon as the babysitter got there for Bethanee and Zac, we took Gus and Jonathan and headed out to the baseball game..... which was the previous post.

Here the pictures of the pool party, Enjoy~





Benj did a perfect back flip off the diving board, that I didn't see "cuz I was inside holding Jake & Sara's newest baby Issac, who is freakin' Adorable by the way! Everyone was telling me how good Benj's flip was so I told him to do it again so I could see. He decided to try a front flip thinking it would be even easier than the back flip....
Looking good so far......
OOOOOOHHHHhhh, that's gotta hurt!
Jake did a back flip that was perfect too, So I grabbed my camera to take one of him. He too decided to do a front flip this time.......
OOOOhh, not as bad, but he smacked his back too!? You'd think a front flip would be easier than a back flip, but apparently not..................
Then Bethanee, the competitive girl that she is, wanted to give it a try. I didn't want to discourage her, but my back hurt immediately for her, just knowing that this probably wasn't going to end well. I wasn't even sure if she was actually going to go through with it, but.............
SHE DID IT!!!! She did pretty good too! It wasn't perfect, but she didn't smack her back really either! I was so proud of her, she is such and amazing girl. She continued to do a few more too :)

The long day was getting to Nicolas so he took a little break and layed out on the side of the pool.
Zac and Daddy~

Bethanee doing some dives and flips~

Grandpa lounging in the shade~



Jonathan waving, having a blast! He loved that blue lounger. At one time Benj had Nicolas, Jonathan, and Zac on it and he was toting them around the pool.

Ashley and Claire~

Kylie lounging~


4 comments:

Biz said...

The more you post about all of the fun you guys have without me, the more you secure yourself a slow and painful death. Feel me?

(Somewhere in the world, I'm in a corner weeping like a baby.)

Mindee Graver said...

I know, every time we have a family gathering I'm wishing you were there. And every time I post about it I am thinking of you wishing you were there or here now.
You are thought about very often, and always missed :( Come see us soon!!

ambyr said...

how fun!!! who's the hottoe trying to do a back flip!! hehe!! miss you guys!! Wish we were there to have fun!!! I'm glad you took a lot of pics! makes me think I was there!!

Beckie said...

Looks like you are having a blast, but where are the pics of you?