Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girls Night, Breaking Dawn Release Party!!

So this past weekend, as many of you already know, Breaking Dawn came out. For those who are living under a ROCK, it is the 4th and final book to the Twilight Series By Stephenie Meyer. Well my friend Cami called me like a month ago and asked if I wanted to go with her and Emily to Borders books to the "Breaking Dawn Party." It sounded fun, "girls night" and all. I've had a really busy July and Aug. came up on me all of a sudden. When it was the week before I invited Mary and Ashley, Cami invited Darla and her daughter Chelsea. We decided to go to Maggie Moo's (its like Cold Stone) before hand. When we got to Borders at 10pm it was NUTS!! There were like a Million teeny boppers there, people dressed up like Vampires, tons and tons of Twilight t-shirts like "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob" on them, girls dressed in Prom Dresses like Bella, their was even a chick painted all green?? Don't know where that came from? Maybe she thought it was a Harry Potter book release? Well a couple of my friends had reserved a copy so that they were sure to get one. Then we were going to go to Walmart after they got their books so I could get mine. $22.99 at Borders or $13. 24 at Walmart.... Which would you choose?

Someone else took this picture and she was having a hard time with my camera? so sorry its a little blurry.

They had all these crazy games going on and even a costume contest. Their was some old guy there dressed in a vampire costume with a bird on his head who was all geared up to win? It was a little weird, but hey whatever floats your boat. This picture below is of a bunch of people learning and dancing the Thriller dance........so I guess now we are adding Zombies And green people, did any of these people actually Read these book's?

While we were there we ran into some more of our friends, here's Kelly and Jess. When you got to Borders they gave you a wrist band with a number on it. That was the order you got your book in, and Cami's was 200something, someone else's was 300something. They weren't going to get their books until 2 or 3 in the morning!! It was 11:30 and we all decided to go over to Walmart and get the book there, it was cheaper, and we wouldn't have to wait until after 2 in the morning!

Here's our guy at Walmart, I can't remember his name, but he was really sweet as we all teased him and tried to get our books a little early :)

Here we all are at Walmart waiting until midnight...... actually 12:01, the guy said it had to be 12:01

And here it is!!! I finished it yesterday, even though Benj HID it Many, Many times!!! He's such a jokester, but that was so NOT funny!

It was a really fun girls night. Something I would've never gone to on my own, but a lot of fun to experience with friends. Benj has made fun of me for staying up until midnight and later just to get a "dumb book" but it was TOTALLY worth it!! The book was so awesome! And it was a lot of fun hanging out with my friends. We All need to do something again soon girls!

9 comments:

Biz said...

Why does God hate me?

Mindee Graver said...

He doesn't, you'll be here before you know it!

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

i am such a loser but i have not read any of those books yet. i really want to but i cant seem to get my hands on the first one. ok so anyways, i was thinking pittsburg also. i think its the most half way for both of us. we could go on either a friday or a sat. but donnie wont be able to go. the only day he has off is sat. but its up to you guys, is ben planning on going?

ambyr said...

WOW! how much fun!! I MUST have a girls night once a month in order to keep my sanity. Did you say you already read it! I haven't even started any of those books! I guess I'm missing out!!

Mary said...

I think my face says it all in the second picture

Heather said...

Hahaha, whats funny about this is that I must have been under a rock because I didn't know about this sordid obsession until last week. :)whats the matter with people who go to walmart and harass their loyal employees over a clear case of manic obsession. I dont have ANY obsessions. I am a completely normal person who is neutral about everything.... yes yes its true I tell you.

Anonymous said...

So Fun! G.N.O. this month... what do you think about mini-golf? :-)

Beckie said...

Ok I have an issue! Check out my blog for my total response!

J, E, M & I said...

Good Times... I'm only on chapter 7...we have been pulling up carpet and getting the house ready for new floors....Lets just say ...YES...I'd rather be reading than pulling up carpet!!