Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And they're off!

Bethanee and Nicolas are off for their first day of school this year! Bethanee is in 2nd grade and Gus is in 1st! They are so excited to go to their new school and meet new friends, even Nicolas couldn't wait! Well they were up at 6:30 this morning and when I went upstairs at 7, they were all dressed and ready to go! Their school doesn't start until 8:45! I had to tell them they have a little while until we have to go. They waited patiently.... well if you count counting down the time patiently........ on the couch with their backpacks on.


They each chose their own new outfit for the first day of school. Bethanee chose a Highschool Musical shirt, of course.

Aren't they Beautiful!!
Nicolas chose a skateboarding shirt with matching shorts

Our new house is so close to their new school, that we walk. The school is right behind that house in the picture. It is so close, I love it!
Here we are at the back of the school, saying goodbye. I am so excited for them, but sad that they told me to stay here, they could go the rest of the way themselves! They are growing up to FAST!! They did both kiss me goodbye, not to big for that yet, YAY!
Here they are running together into the school with BIG SMILES on their faces!

It is now 9:25 and Jonathan just asked when they are going to be home. "They're taking to long!" he said. He can't wait until next year when he gets to go too, he got sad when we had to leave them because he wanted to go into the school with them.
I'll post later and let ya know how their first days went!

4 comments:

ambyr said...

so lucky to have school soo close!!! can't wait to hear about their day!!! CRAZY!!!

Beckie said...

How sweet that they are missed. Your children are beautiful.

whitney allison said...

I love Bethanee's get up, so cute.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so all i can say after viewing all the new blogs is I miss the Graver Crew. I hope like crazy to see you all at Christmas. We are coming home for almost a month and i am counting down the days, just wish i could get a Visa for my yayas so they could come with. I can't cope without them anymore. it is a very bad and very good thing. Tell everyone hello