Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A BBQ Extravaganza

This past Monday we went to a BBQ at Ben's dad and Sue's house. Ben got off work early and we got their at 3:30ish. They had a pig roast, tons of pasta salads, Hog ma ( which I had never had and still couldn't tell you exactly what it is.. their are potatoes in their, and it is delicious!) rolls, pork&beans, ect. Then when we walked inside the house our plates full of food, we saw the kitchen table full and I mean FULL of desserts! Their was not an inch of the table that wasn't covered over with some delicious treat. If you know me you know my weakness!! Dessert!! I am sad to say though that I only tried like 3 different things because again if you know me you know I have a small stomach and fill up fast. Bethanee on the other hand tried like 10 diffent things! She was having so much fun! The boys didn't even eat for a while because they were having to much fun playing with their cousins.
Everyone that lives out here was there, and you all know how BIG Ben's family is. Along with the family their was some extended family their as well. Lynn and Sandy Sechrist came, or in Bethanee's words "Courtney and Aubree's grandma and grandpa are here!" Along with many others.
The neighbors brought over a bounce around, or whatever it is called, and it was definetly the hit of the party!
The kids just love going over to their grandpa and grandma Sue's. They run around outside exploring and going on expeditions. Even Zac was following them all around. It was very fun and weird not having any kids to hold or constantly take care of. I held Dakota for Mary so she could get something to eat and I held little Jackson for a minute as well. It was really nice, and I enjoy holding babies.... you know I love them! But afterwords I was pondering the fact of how eventually their parents took them back and I was left to socialize and enjoy my evening how I wanted. I'm not saying anything yet, but my "baby hungry" mind is quickly changing. We'll see, but the older Zac get's the more I think we might just be done!? I am really enjoying our family and where everyone is at in age. They all have special things they can do and differnt personalites that always keep us laughing :) We have a great family!
We ended up staying until 8pm, and the only reason we left really is because Benj had to work the next day and Bethanee and Nicolas had school. This last picture was of the bounce around collapsing, their is like 8 kids in there!! Jonathan you can see, then Bella is in the pink shirt/short brown hair. Wyatt is laying down in the black hooded sweatshirt. Alivia is in the pigtails and Adriana is in the yellow shirt. Nicolas is at the bottom right, and I'm not sure who is in the gray gap sweatshirt, maybe Mariah? Well this isn't even half of the kids that were there, the other half was over petting the goat. Yes I said Goat! They got a goat and a baby goat, calf? I'm not sure what a baby goat is called? The kids thought it was awsome, but the size of the goats horns worried me a little. No problems though. All in all it was a great day and I can't wait for many more! We definetly want to do a BBQ after we are all moved in to our new house, although it wont be quite the blow out that this was. Definetly something smaller..... but maybe not the dessert table! Oh, and thank you Chera for taking these pictures and sending them to me. I forgot my camera and my phone was dead so I couln't take pictures on it. I wasn't very prepared was I?? Well Thanks Chera :)

1 comment:

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

that looks like so much fun! ok so were here!!!! we got in last night. we need to plan something so we can see eachother.