Monday, January 26, 2009

I've conquered the Potty!



I told him to show me the back of his underwear and this is the pose I got :)

Well it is finally done.... for the most part. Zac is POTTY TRAINED!! He pretty much decided a couple weeks ago to do it himself. Well it started out with me getting him these tiny gumballs as potty treats ( the kid LOVES gum ). Our last obstacle was going "#2" and he did that with flying colors! He doesn't poop on a regular basis, never has. He goes once about every other day or every few days, and it is usually first thing in the morning when he wakes up. He did go once in his underwear a little over a week ago and was so upset with himself! It was so cute he kept saying " I had accident mommy, sorry," over and over in this sad little voice. He wears underwear ( we took him to the store to let him pick out his own, he picked Diego, as you can see in the pictures) all day long and goes on the potty by himself. I don't have to ask him or prompt him to go, he just does! Then when he's done he yells "I go potty mom!" He is so excited to be a big boy like his brothers! Zac will even stand up sometimes and go! It is so funny to see because he Barely makes it in... but he does it :) He still wears a diaper at bedtime because he's not waking up dry yet. He hates it though, every night when I'm putting a diaper on him he tells me "No, underwear!" I then let him know that the diaper is just for while he is sleeping and as soon as he wakes up we'll put underwear on him again. Okay is the reply I get. I am so proud of Zac, he is such a smart boy!! And I am so happy that I am just about done with diapers! Especially since I've been buying them for the past 8 YEARS!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Perfect we just finished up with Issac too, but he picked Thomas the Train. Same poohing habits though it seems, but he still has some accidents when left in the car of T-rex. Between the two they can't be bothered.

Hay Dub said...

He is awesome! Way to go Zac. It feels good to not have to buy diapers:) Didn't he just turn 2 in like Oct? Wow what a smarty. When is his birthday mindee, I can't remember. Hey but I do know when Bethanee's is. lol.