Tuesday, May 19, 2009

FHE Outdoors =)

Last night for FHE we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and head over to the park. We live right next to the school, which is so nice in more ways than one! Before we started to walk down to the park the kids heard the familiar sound of the Ice cream man =)... this is the 4th time in a week that he has come through our neighborhood.. I might have to have a talk with him about that! Anyways, Benj being the good dad he is bought us all some treats and the kids jumped on their bikes and we headed to the park. Benj and I had as much fun as the kids playing =) We played a few games of tether ball... wow, that game is hard! I guess I'm not the athlete I once was?? Benj beat me every time, but I couldn't stop laughing... I kept thinking of the movie Napoleon Dynamite. I was catching the ball too, which brought my daughter over to us to tell us we were playing wrong. "You can't catch it mom!" she exclaimed to me. "Oh", was my reply. I was doing okay until that point. Benj kept hitting it so high I couldn't reach it! I got my revenge on the swings though.. hee hee. We had a contest to see who could swing the highest. He thinks he got higher, but I know better =) It was so fun, I hadn't swung that high since I was a kid! Okay, now on to the pictures..


Benj kept teasing Zac saying he was a lion in a cage. Every time Zac would get near the edge to get out Benj would yell "No Lion! Stay in your cage!" Which would send Zac into a fit of giggles =) It was really cute.

Bethanee and Nicolas would dangle their legs from the top and Zac would "attack them" like a lion.







One of Bethanee's friends from her class was there for a little while... here she is chasing the boy... not sure how I feel about that one. Is she really already 8?!?















Daddy was pushing Zac and he loved it! He loves the swings. I stood in front of him and let him "hit me" with his legs every time he came forward. Which again sent him into a fit of giggles =) He really has turned into such a funny boy, always laughing and smiling. At one point in his life.... like the first YEAR... I didn't know if we'd ever get to this point!


I have the best kids and hubby in the world! They always make me laugh and we have so much fun together all the time as a family =) They are AWESOME!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Issac kept thinking it was funny to kick me with his legs when he swung too. Maybe it's a stage.

Hay Dub said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Your family is AESOME!!

Beckie said...

What a great FHE, Issy has such bad allergies we have to limit his time outside. Grrr!