Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas mom and dad!!

Finally I get to post these pictures!! I made a grandchild quilt for my parents for Christmas. I took lots of pictures of it before I sent it to them and have been dying to post them! Yet I couldn't because my mom checks my blog almost daily and it would've ruined the surprise! My parents have 17 grandchildren and I asked each of them to think of something that they are really into or love. Something that says "them" right now. Each one chose what they wanted and I put their names on their squares. Each child also has 4 smaller squares of their fabric spread out throughout the rest of the quilt. It turned out just the way I had it in my head so I'm very happy about that. It was a lot of work, but so worth it. Since my parents live in WA they called me on the phone and put it on speaker so I could hear their reaction when they opened it. It was the best!

The back~







Jamison~ Camo

Josh~ Baseball

Tallan~ Sports

Kali~ Baby girl
Their was 1 extra square, so I used a Christmas pattern and put 2008 on it. In case anyone has any more children (not us), these are the grandchildren as of Christmas 2008!

Kate~ Kitty cat

Zac~ Monkey

Tyler~ Airplanes
Lexee~ Soccer

Jonathan~ Tractors

Nathan~ Pumpkins

Nicolas~ Transformers

Bethanee~ Hannah Montana (the other 'e' in her name is there, it's just hidden in the butterfly)

Lauren~ High School Musical

Nikki~ Fashion (shoes)

Kaelee~ Soccer

Makenna~ Polka dots

6 comments:

ckw said...

It looks awesome! Great job! SEe you soon! :)

Lana said...

Hey Mindee, I found your blog off of Brandon and Nancy's. I use to work in the office for your parents and come out to their house for the 4th of July on the lake. Anyway, I wanted to say how great it is to see how your family is doing, I adore all of your family and I can NOT believe how much Bethanee has grown! The last time I saw her she was 3. She is gorgeous!!! You have such a beautiful family. Happy Holidays!

Beckie said...

Love it. You are so talented!

Sechrist Family said...

Cute Mindee! What a great idea! We missed being back east for Christmas!!!

Mary said...

very impressive. I never saw it finished.

Hay Dub said...

Mindee that is so awesome! Who knew that a dork like you could be so crafty. You rock and your mom and dad are gonna love it for always!