Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Rainy Friday

A couple Friday's ago, we had tickets to the York Revolution baseball game. We had had them for a couple weeks and the kids were really looking forward to the game. Well Friday came and it was raining =( The game got rained out so I decided to do something else fun for the kids so that they wouldn't be to sad. When the got home from school we made my mom's sugar cookie recipe and everyone helped. They even helped roll out the dough and put the cookie cutters on. We made ghosts and circles (my pumpkin cookie cutter got lost in the move and I haven't bought a new one).

Then I had them each pick out a color of frosting. They picked orange,
blue, and green. They all shared there colors with Zac and each other. It was so cute to see them wait patiently for the color they wanted.. they are such good kids =)

I had bought some gummy bears, and M&M's at the store to decorate, plus we had some chocolate chips and sprinkles already.








WOW Gus! That's Some cookie!


They all had so much fun, even I did! I decorated some for Benj and I, I didn't want one with a thousand treats on top! Needless to say, there was no gummy bear, choc. chip., or M&M left! They ate and decorated until everything was gone! They were on such a Sugar High!! Finally they settled down, and we all watched a movie together... here's to some more Rainy Friday's =)

5 comments:

Beckie said...

I love cookie days. I am making pumpkin glazed pumpkin cookies and maple glazed apple cookies today!

Mindee Graver said...

Yumm Beckie!! Can I come over!?!

Mary said...

yum i am digging the idea of m&m's today.

Hay Dub said...

oh that makes me want some cookies! I need to do that with my kids. So much fun.

Dusty said...

Such a good mom!! I love to make cookies, BUT, I buy the premade dough! Lazy? Yes! You make some dang good cookies! Share some next time??