Friday, June 6, 2008

So a quick update, we move into our new house in 3 weeks!! I cannot wait! I was trying to get some packing done before the kids finished school, but that didn't happen. I got some stuff packed, but mostly threw away a bunch of junk that we had that we're not taking to the new house. Bethanee and Nicolas' last day of school was today and they wanted me to pick them up. They only had a half day and got out at 11. As I was in the car driving up to the curb I found myself getting emotional about it. Gus is no longer in Kindergarten and Bethanee is no longer in 1st grade. This was their last day at Lieb Elementary, after we move they will be going to Dover Elementary in the fall. The sight of my children and all the others excited for the last day, the busses all honking as they drove away from the school, just made me a little emotional? Weird for me, but my children are growing up! Way to fast I must say. My little princess Bethanee will be in 2nd grade and Gus is in 1st now!! Last night, Nicolas read me the whole book Green Eggs and Ham! That book is 64 pages long and he read the WHOLE THING!! I knew he could read, but I didn't realize how well. If you know Nicolas you know that he is not one to "perform." He does things when he wants to and if he wants to. He read me the books that he had to for his homework, but those were easy little books, and many, many times he didn't want to read them. "I'll do it later" he'd say, and it usually ended up being the next morning before school when I told him I wasn't aloud to sign it unless he read it. His reply "you read one page and I'll read the next" and back and forth. I would sometimes ( the teacher says that they have to read it to you or you can read it together) I didn't know if he couldn't read that well or if he just didn't feel like it. I figured the second, but until last night I wasn't really sure. He is so amazing, and I'm glad that all the reading we do together at nights, along with Bethanee, Jonathan, and Zac, as well as the great teacher he had in Kindergarten payed off! He really had such a sweet teacher, the perfect one for his personality and he has learned so much!

Okay I didn't mean for this to turn into a long post about Nicolas, but I'm just so proud of him and Bethanee( and ofcourse Jonathtan and Zac). I guess I just had all these feelings all at once and wanted to get them out. Thats what a blogs for right?!

Well now that I have all 4 home again all day, I hope I can still get the packing done! I know I will, my kids are good helpers.......... I just hope Zac doesn't help to much and start unpacking everything I am packing up! He likes to help a lot, but sometimes when he "thinks" he's helping hes actually not :)

So 3 weeks and counting, I will put up some pictures of our house once we move in. My parents are coming 6 days after we move in, and I can't wait!! Although I hope I can get everything unpacked by then. My mom says she could help, but I want it to be done so I can just enjoy my parents and they can enjoy their grandchildren. Sorry if you ended up reading all this, especially since I said it would be short, but this is my life~

4 comments:

Biz said...

Download Jesse McCartney's new single, Leavin. AMAZING. It will be your moving theme song and you will thank me later.

Mary said...

I left boxes, some tape, and a fair amount of bubble wrap in MOm's garage for you guys. Also I had a similar moment with Bella. The whole growing up thing is crazy.

J, E, M & I said...

Congrats on the house. I've very excited for you!! I have boxes for you at work too! :)

Billy and Nikki said...

Congrats on the new baby! Thats so fun! It's been so much fun to have a baby in our house. Easton is such a cutie. Miss you